We are many times asked whether a professional inspection is recommended when purchasing a home– our answer is always a resounding “Absolutely”! A professional home inspection protects a home buyer against disappointment and unexpected expense after a home has been purchased. A pre-purchase inspection tells what major and minor flaws exist in a home, what difficulties are apt to occur later (the replacement of equipment, etc.), and what it will cost to eliminate problems. In general, an inspection covers:
- Basic home structure, inside and out (testing for soundness and durability)
- Plumbing, heating and electrical systems and equipment (including costs of operation)
- Kitchen equipment (including life expectancy of appliances)
- Insulation and other energy features
- Detection of water problems and moisture-related flaws
To locate an inspector, consult the Yellow Pages, under “Building Inspection Services,” or call us. We have worked with highly reliable home inspectors and will be happy to recommend someone.